Pasta with prawns and zucchini is a simple and quick dish to prepare.
The combination of prawns and zucchini is tasty and well balanced. Some details, like the way of cutting zucchini, give life to different taste experiences. Some people integrate the recipe with a little cream, which also helps to combine the ingredients; others add saffron, and others use also bisque.
Let’s see the ingredients, the method to make pasta with prawns and zucchini, nutritional values and some tips and indications also to cook some variations of the recipe.
PREPARATION AND COOKING TIME
Here are the approximate preparation and cooking times:
- Time to prepare the ingredients: 10 minutes
- Time to cook the dish: 15 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes
PASTA WITH PRAWNS AND ZUCCHINI: IGREDIENTS FOR 4 PERSONS
- Durum wheat pasta 320 g
- Zucchini 2
- Prawns 24
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 o 4 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves 1
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
HOW TO PREPARE PASTA WITH PRAWNS AND ZUCCHINI
To prepare pasta with prawns and zucchini, follow these simple steps
Preparation of the ingredients
- Rinse the prawns under running water. Now remove head, shell and legs. If you wish to prepare the bisque (see below the paragraph dedicated to tips or further information) keep heads and shells.
- If you notice a thin, black string (the intestinal tract) down back of the prawns, you can remove it. To remove it, take a sharp paring knife and gently make a shallow cut along the length of the black line; then, lift out the black string with the tip of the knife or your fingers.
- Put a pot of water on the stove to cook pasta.
- Wash the zucchini and cut the two ends. Cut the zucchini in half cross-wise so as to obtain shorter pieces and then divide them in half lengthwise. Now cut each part into thin slices.
- Press the clove of garlic against the cutting board with the palm of your hand, so that it breaks.
- Take a large pan, and pour 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Heat the oil over a fairly high heat and, and before it reaches the smoke point add the clove of garlic and the prawns.
- When the prawns have taken a little color (it takes little time) add the zucchini.
- Add salt to the water and toss the pasta.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, taste the sauce in the pan and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Remove the garlic clove.
- Set aside a ladle of cooking water. Drain the pasta, and transfer it to the pan. Sauté the ingredients together, possibly adding a little cooking water.
SHOP ONLINE THE BEST ARTISAN ITALIAN INGREDIENTS FOR YOUR DISHES
On Gustorotondo you find the best artisan Italian ingredients for your dishes:
high-quality artisan pasta, extra virgin olive oil, wine vinegar, organic raw honey.
We look for producers who have high-quality standards, and we offer artisan Italian good products that enhance the tradition and authentic flavours of the Italian cuisine.
Gustorotondo was born as a traditional Italian food store in the center of Milan, and then started the e-commerce business. Now you can shop traditional Italian food online on Gustorotondo. You can buy from all over Italy, from England, from Germany, from the Netherlands, from the Czech Republic, and from all the other European countries.
Shop online the best authentic artisan Italian food at Gustorotondo!
SHOP THE BEST ARTISAN ITALIAN FOODS
SOME TIPS OR FURTHER INFORMATION
- Linguine is a very suitable shape for pasta with prawns and zucchini. Indeed, linguine tend to wrap the ingredients also thanks to a little bit of starch they release.
- While you are browning the prawns, you can pour a little brandy and/or white wine.
- To add further flavor to the pasta with prawns and zucchini, you can add the bisque. The bisqueis a tasty cream that is prepared using prawn scraps, vegetables and some other ingredients.
- Fresh cream (the one which can be whipped, without sugar) gives the dish a creamier texture. If you wish to use it, add about 200 ml to the pan just before the other ingredients are ready.
- If you wish to use saffron, melt about 0.125 g in a ladle of hot water and add it to the pan after putting the zucchini.
- Instead of prawns, you can also use shrimps.
PASTA WITH PRAWNS AND ZUCCHINI: NUTRITIONAL VALUES AND CALORIES
A portion of pasta with prawns and zucchini cooked according to the recipe (without cream) contains about 56 g of protein, 17 g of lipids and 65 g of carbohydrates.
The fatty acids contained are mainly monounsaturated.
Prawns contain B vitamins and zinc, which are important for the proper functioning of the metabolism, calcium and phosphorus, useful for maintaining healthy bones and teeth, iron, which helps transport oxygen.
One portion of pasta with prawns and zucchini provides about 630 kcal.
HOW TO STORE PASTA WITH PRAWNS AND ZUCCHINI
Pasta with prawns and zucchini should be eaten immediately. However, if you have cooked too much pasta, store it following these steps:
- Wait until it gets to room temperature;
- Put it into a container that can be sealed with a lid;
- Close the container, and place it into the fridge.
You should preserve it only for one day.
To eat it, put a pan on the stove, and pour a little extra virgin olive oil. Sauté over medium/high-heat without moving it for about 3 minutes; then move it, and sauté for another 3 minutes.